Discover the world, go where you want when you want, securely and comfortably; this is the leitmotif of the Contest 62CS.
The elegant lines of this impressive 62-footer are characterised by a spacious open deck and a well integrated superstructure. Equipped with a twin wheel working cockpit and a large ?social? cockpit, you?ll be impressed by the sailing and living comfort onboard this yacht.
The large amount of storage space on deck makes the 62CS very well suited for long distances. It is even possible to place a tender below deck.
Hull and deck are made of high quality materials.
Several interior arrangements are possible within the structural bulkheads and keel grid. Two separate watertight bulkheads are foreseen in every interior arrangement.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully laminated to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: dark blue.
- Antifoul: 2 layers.
- Flush hull windows.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with white gelcoat finish and aluminium hatches.
- 12 mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit sole and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Vacuum infused composite structural bulkheads in sandwich, using the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Vacuum infused composite longitudinals in sandwich, using the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Lead performance keel with bulb.
- Keel bolted through solid laminate using stainless steel bolts.
- Keel girders in sandwich (PVC foam core), vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Fully balanced composite spade rudder.
- Fibre orientated rudder laminate, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Aluminium rudderpost.
- JEFA rudder bearings.
- JEFA steering system.
- Large separated guest cockpit, suitable for ten people sitting.
- Fixed cockpit table with stainless steel 316 support for table.
- Separate aft cockpit, with 2 separate helmsman positions.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman?s position.
- Free walkway from aft deck to guest cockpit.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Hatches and windows
- Flush deck hatches.
- Chemical hardened, laminated windows in coach roof.
Deck hardware and equipment
- Stainless steel 316 stem head fitting.
- Stainless steel 316 guardrails 75 cm high with 3 wires.
- Stainless steel 316 bathing ladder.
- Stainless steel 316 deck fillers.
- Stainless steel 316 handrails on cabin roof.
- Stainless steel 316 anti chafe rails below mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel 316 gateway stanchions amidships.
- Stainless steel 316 mooring cleats; two cleats with two fairleads forward, two cleats amidships, two cleats aft and two fairleads
- on stern.
- 2 seats with stainless support on pushpit.
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame fold away in saloon top.
- Flagpole with stainless steel 316 support and flag.
- Aluminium emergency tiller.
- One yellow lifebuoys in stainless steel 316 supports fitted in locker.
- Boat hook in aluminium stowed on lower shroud.
- Shower hot/cold at aft ship.
- Eight fenders with socks and ropes.
- Four 20 m 18 mm mooring warps.
- Two 25 m 18 mm mooring warps.
- Deck fittings.
- Stainless steel self tailing winches throughout.
- Genoa winches are electrical.
- Foldable chain plate on deck for removable cutter stay.
- Foldable chain plates on deck for fixing snatch blocks for preventer, gennaker, etc.
- Integrated anchor launching system in bow.
- Electric anchor winch, including remote control.
- 40 kg Delta anchor with 70 m galvanised 13 mm anchor chain.
- Anchor chain marked each 10 m.
- Twin composite steering pedestals with stainless steel twin spoke steering wheels.
- Hydraulic back stay tensioner.
- Hydraulic boomvang.
- Combined control panel in cockpit for boomvang and back stay.
- Hydraulic openable bathing platform.
As with all Contest Yachts the interior will be fully made at our own yard in Medemblik, with great attendance to flexibility and detailing.
- Teak joinery.
- Light oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- White painted teak and matt varnished teak side panelling.
- Padded headbord in aft cabin.
- Fixed free standing sofa with book storage.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Teak doors 30 mm with anti-rattle door locks.
- CORIAN worktops in galley with 2 sinks.
- CORIAN tops in each head with moulded CORIAN washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Cooker hood with extractor fan in pantry.
- Quality upholstery, colour to owners? choice.
- Quality curtains for portholes; colour to owners? choice.
- Roller blinds to all hatches.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins with wall switches.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Sprung slats in aft cabin.
- 7-zone latex mattresses in all cabins.
- 48-set (8 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery stowed in teak fittings.
- 32-set (8 persons) of drinking glasses and bottle stowage in bar.
- Light switches.
- Hotel switches for ceiling lights in aft cabin.
- 230V sockets.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Teak cup and mug holder.
- Garbage bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in both heads.
Systems & Equipment
- PERKINS M185C 138 kW (190 hp) 2100 rpm 6 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Hurth ZF63A Hydraulic gearbox.
- 1x 24V/40A and 1x 24V/75A alternator (1 for service banks and 1 for starter battery).
- Separate main switch to enable service batteries to be used as starter battery.
- Single lever gears throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons and fuel gauge.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock and water separator.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with thrust bearing and flexible coupling.
- Stern tube with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- 4-bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by electric ventilator and via double natural ventilation grills.
- Sump on fuel tank with drain pump.
- SEPAR water separator and fuel filter. Acoustic and visual ?water in fuel?-alarm.
- Electric tank level gauge.
Fresh water system
- Pressurized hot & cold water system; tank capacity water tank 1700 ltr.
- Hot water tank in stainless steel 316 with double heat-exchanger to engine and 230V element.
- Mixer taps in galley and washbasins.
- Electric tank level gauge.
- Electric bilge pump in keel sump, with automatic switch and manual backup.
- Electric bilge pump in engine room with manual backup.
- Electric bilge pump in storage room with automatic switch and manual backup.
- Electric bilge pump in forward cabin with manual backup.
Black & Grey water system
- Two electric flush seawater toilets.
- One manual flush seawater toilet.
- Two black water tanks.
- Indicator on black water tank.
- Three shower stalls with automatic drain.
- Grey water system.
- Flexible hose for connection to bilge pump to remove water from any location of the boat.
- Refrigerator in stainless steel with front door.
- Forced ventilation system on engine room.
- Gas valve electric and manual.
- Four foam fire extinguishers 2 kg.
- Fire blanket.
- Automatic fire extinguish system.
- 24VDC and 230VAC system on board.
- Generator 8kW.
- Charger Mass 24V/75A.
- Inverter 24/1500 230V.
- 600Ah service batteries (gel).
- Starter battery: AGM (Gel), 70Ah.
- Separate navigation battery pack 24V 140Ah (gel).
- Bow thruster battery 24V 320Ah AGM (gel).
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- Dedicated technical area next to aft shower area for switches and fuses.
- 230V shore power connection:
- Shore power socket for 230V shore power
- Shore power isolation transformer 3.5 kW (16A)
- Cable 25 m with CE connector and earth trip switch.
- Battery monitor, with Voltage ? Running Amps ? Amp. Hours ? Capacity Ah ? Adjustable optical alarm for capacity.
- 230V socket in each cabin/ compartment.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.
- All main switches situated at the switchboard.
- All navigation lights with control LED?s operated from the switchboard.
- Tank level gauges situated at the switchboard.
- Running bilge pump
- Fire extinguish system engine room
- Water in fuel
- Battery level
- Black water tanks
- Switch for navigation lights on engine/sailing.
- Indication lights for function of navigation lights.
The boat is CE certificated category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
Lloyds certificate on hull.